Do you feel like you don’t quite fit into either the Deaf World
or the hearing but can function in both?
- Do you feel frustrated with hearing
people who don’t seem to understand why sign language is so
important to you?
- Do you struggle with loneliness,
depression, or anxiety that affects your relationships at work or
- Are you the parent of a deaf child
who needs family counseling or help getting school services?
- Do you have an aging parent who is
experiencing frustration in not being able to participate in
family events anymore?
- Are you a professional working with
the deaf and need the knowledge of an expert?
Hello! I am a hearing-impaired psychologist. I specialize in
working with people who are deaf or hard of hearing (D/HOH), their
families, and other professionals, agencies, and organizations that care
I offer a full range of services including in-person psychotherapy,
videotherapy , and email therapy.
I also work with educators, attorneys, and medical
professionals who need expert assistance with the deaf, including
consultation, psychological and educational assessment, and expert
report and testimony.
My areas of psychotherapy specialization include:
- Prelingual and late onset hearing
- Choosing or adjusting to cochlear
- Parenting deaf and hard of hearing
- Mainstreaming students in public and
- Trauma & PTSD
- Physical, sexual, and emotional abuse
- Gender & sexual identity issues